Eighth World Conference on Metaphysics (2021, Oct. 27-29)
The Scientific Committee invites authors to submit their abstracts for consideration and inclusion in the program.
Abstract contributions to the Eight World Conference on Metaphysics 2021 should only be submitted online.
ABSTRACTS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN SPANISH, ENGLISH, ITALIAN, FRENCH BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2021.
Simultaneous translation in Spanish and English will be available only at the online plenary sessions.
Oral presentations may be made in Spanish, English, Italian, French, German.
Texts for publication will be accepted in these languages: Spanish, English, Italian, French, German.
Before starting the submission process, don’t forget to check the important dates, registration fee table and the following submission guidelines.
Please, remember the following important dates:
- Abstract Submission Deadline: September 30th, 2021 (included)
- Final Paper Submission Deadline: January 30th, 2022 (included)
- Registration deadline for authors: October 15th, 2021 (included)
- Online Conference Dates: October 27th – 29th, 2021
Submission guidelines for your ABSTRACT:
The material in the abstract must be original and not published previously.
Abstracts should focus on topics which may be included within one of the following areas:
Orientation of Anthropological Discourse: Levels, Domains, and Dimensions of the Person
Creation and Evolution. Metaphysics, Science, Ecology, and Religion
The Person and the Challenge of Robotics, Virtual Reality, and Artificial Intelligence
Consciousness and Neurosciences
Pandemic and Postpandemic: Between the Personal and the Global
Personhood and Sexuality: Constants and Variables
Unity and Diversity in Integral Human Formation
Authority and Freedom in the Different Spheres of Experience and Decision-Making
Culture, Art, and Sports in a Changing World
The Mystical Dimension and Religious and Cultural Ecumenism
Permanent Ethics Encountering New Humanisms
The Complementarity Between Metaphysics and Mystical Life
- The title should be as brief as possible, but long enough to indicate clearly the nature of the study. Please do not define or use abbreviations in the title.
- The Abstract submissions involve you filling in a simple web form with your contact and abstract details, adding your prepared abstract and pressing submit.
- Please do ensure that you submit carefully and accurately, in order to avoid later revisions. In order that you receive your automatic reply, it is particularly important that you input your email address accurately.
- ONLY online submitted abstract will be taken into consideration.
- The abstract shall be limited to 200 words using the font size Times or Times New Roman 12. Do not use graphics or tables.
- Check spelling and grammar carefully. Direct reproduction from your electronically submitted abstract text means that any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific data will be reproduced as submitted.
- Each presenting author may PRESENT a maximum of two abstracts at the conference. The number of submissions is, however, not limited. Should an author have more than two abstracts accepted for presentation, a co-author must be named as presenting author for one or more abstracts (Rule of Two).
- After registering your abstract, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive any confirmation, please contact the Conference Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to make any corrections to an abstract already submitted or if you wish to submit other abstracts, please send an email to the Conference Secretariat. Corrections to abstracts can be made only until the deadline for submissions: September 30th, 2021.
- Notification of acceptance of the abstracts submitted will be sent to you by email as soon as possible.
- Please register as soon as you know that your attendance is definite after receiving the acceptance notification for your abstract.
- Substitutions may be made at any time. If you wish to substitute a participant, please contact the Conference Secretariat at the earliest opportunity.
- If you know that it will be impossible for you to present your paper at the conference by yourself or a co-author/colleague ecc, please do not make a submission. Only those abstracts to be presented at the conference (oral, virtual, or poster) will be included in the conference program and proceedings book. We do not allow abstracts or full papers to be published in the conference materials without any presentation.
FINAL PAPER SUBMISSION:
If your abstract has been accepted, you should submit your Final Paper. Please consult the Author’s Guide.